About Assessor and Property Tax Records in South DakotaSouth Dakota real and personal property tax records are managed by the County Assessor office in each county. Land and land improvements are considered real property while mobile property is classified as personal property.A few South Dakota County Assessor offices offer an online searchable database, where assessment record searches can be performed by tax identification number or owner name. Some counties may require registration for access to the online system. Where online access is not available, requests for property records can be made in person, by phone, or in writing. LINKS:
Notice is hereby given that Hand County through its Board of Zoning will hold a hearing for the purpose of taking testimony from interested parties who are either proponents or opponents of the requested application for conditional use permit requested by Northern Prime Feeders, LLC (proposing construction of a 50,000 head feedlot) located at the Eagle Pass Ranch property located in the SW 1/4 and W 1/2 SE 1/4 of section 20; N 1/2 NW 1/4 and NW 1/4 NE 1/4 of section 29; government lots 3 and 4 and SE 1/4 of section 19; and government lot 1 and N 1/2 NE 1/4 of section 30 all in township 112-70 (Ree Heights). Prior to the meeting, the Zoning Administrator will receive written comments under the following conditions:
1. They must be either printed or type written for legibility.
2. They must be signed legibly by all parties represented in the comment.
3. The comments must clearly state the person or persons or organization submitting the comment and who their spokesperson is.
4. The writer must declare in the first paragraph if the comment is in support of, or against, or neutral as to adoption or passage of the conditional use permit.
5. The comments are to either be delivered to or mailed in printed form to the Zoning Administrator c/o: Hand County Assessor’s Office, 415 West 1st Avenue, Miller, South Dakota 57362.
6. The comment period begins March 12, 2014 and ends April 11th, 2014. Comments not postmarked or received by April 11th, 2014 may not be considered for review.
7. The writer acknowledges in presentation of the comment that it is a public record and open to inspection and reproduction upon request of any interested party.
A public hearing will be held on April 22, 2014 at 1 P.M. (CT) in the courtroom of the Hand County courthouse at which time public testimony will be taken from proponents and from opponents as it relates to passage of the conditional use permit. Testimony can be offered under the following conditions:
1. The person to offer testimony must notify the zoning administrator by April 18, 2014 and provide all printed materials for distribution. The printed materials must be written in the same manner as the written comments above.
2. Copies are to be provided by the presenter for each of the board members and any member of the gallery requested them. (local staff will not make copies)
3. The person offering testimony must identify themselves to the panel and state whether they are speaking as a proponent, opponent or are neutral in their position.
4. The person offering testimony is to speak clearly, loudly and to the panel, no comments will be addressed to the crowd, only the zoning board.
5. Testimony is to be confined to the issuance of the conditional use permit.
6. Each speaker will be allowed 3 minutes to offer testimony. At the conclusion, the speaker will return to their seat. There will be no “yielding” of one speakers time to another.
7. Groups will be heard individually, by a single spokesperson and only if they are registered individually.
SurveyMonkey Data AnalysisFeedlot Additional Comments